Consumer Collections Manager
Heartland Bank and Trust
Text "1598" to (309) 322-9911 to apply.
Salary Range: $62,521 - $102,008
If you're interested in being responsible for overseeing consumer collection activities related to delinquent or charged-off accounts, our Consumer Collections Manager role may be for you! We invite you to consider joining our Consumer Collections team.
- Responsible for the design, administration and training of all consumer collection processes, procedures and reporting activities
- Provide subject matter expertise on consumer loan regulations, particularly loss mitigation options, and the Bank’s compliance obligations related to consumer loan collection
- Develop and implement processes to create greater efficiencies within the department, and monitor actual practices to ensure full compliance
- Review all consumer loan workouts, renewals, loss mitigation options, risk rating upgrades, return to accrual status, and charge-off memos
- Prepare and provide account progress updates to the Retail Services Director and Senior Management
- Conduct scheduled past due meetings with the consumer collection employees
- Lead and direct the consumer collection employees in the management of accounts requiring legal action by determining the best course of action while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations and controlling legal expenses
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in related curriculum or equivalent of education and experience
- 2-3 years' experience in Collections and Financial Services industry
- Minimum 1 year’s Management/Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of banking and legal software a plus.
Who We Are
Heartland Bank is a subsidiary of HBT Financial, Inc., a publicly traded financial holding company headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois. With the roots of the Bank dating back to 1920, Heartland has a long track record of providing personalized service and supporting the banking needs of businesses and families throughout our footprint. With 60+ branches throughout Central and Northeastern Illinois and Eastern Iowa, Heartland continues to grow and is committed to preserving strong ties to our communities, customers, employees, and shareholders.
Heartland Bank’s mission is to “create value for the customer, earn a profit for the Bank, and have fun doing it!” At Heartland, employees have the opportunity to make a difference every day.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Heartland Bank salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Heartland Bank’s total compensation package for employees.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Heartland Bank is deeply committed to creating a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
- Regularly: sitting, walking, reaching with arms and hands, talking, hearing, feeling/touching, vision - close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally: standing, climbing and/or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Our available Benefits
We offer a competitive benefit package, including vacation and other paid time off.