GROWMARK Energy Customer Care Intern - GROWMARK, Inc. - Bloomington, IL
GROWMARK is an agricultural cooperative serving almost 400,000 customers across North America, providing agronomy, energy, facility engineering and construction, and logistics products and services, as well as grain marketing and risk management services. Headquartered in Bloomington, Illinois, GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by its member cooperatives. GROWMARK also owns and operates SEEDWAY, the largest full-line seed company in the United States. More information is available at growmark.com.
See what it's like to work at GROWMARK: https://youtu.be/CSVMnKCySsY
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Under the direction of the Customer Care Manager, trains and assists with general Energy Operations functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
May train to:
- Study and understand refined, renewable & propane supply & trading processes and operations.
- Study and understand refined, renewable and propane market fundamentals, analysis, trading and pricing.
- Study and understand the refined, renewable and propane industry.
- Develop and administer operational supply strategies and special projects.
- Develop and maintain a database of fundamental & technical information to support supply and trading strategies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing a Business, Business related, or Agriculture Business Degree at a 4 year university, with a status of at least a second semester junior or first semester senior in good academic standing at the time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- We value relationships and people first and foremost
- We are a company that is committed to being an innovation leader in the agriculture industry
- We emphasize sustainability practices and stewardship of our resources
- We enjoy access to in-house training and leadership development opportunities
WHAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT US
The GROWMARK Internship Program has been in existence for 65 years. The program has given over 1,350 students the opportunity to explore career paths and develop professionally; many of which still call the FS GROWMARK System “home” today!
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.