Agronomy Scouting Intern - Evergreen FS - McLean, IL
Evergreen FS is farmer-owned cooperative serving the needs of customers in McLean, Woodford, Livingston, Dewitt, and Macon counties. We provide our customers with a full range of farm products and services including agronomy, turf, energy, grain marketing, and so much more. Since 1926 our mission has been the same, we strive to build successful business partnerships with customers, employees, and cooperative owners.
With an emphasis on safety, integrity, and teamwork, Evergreen FS provides top customer service for our customers. We are a solution-focused company who is always looking for new ways to enhance our customer’s experience. We know we are stronger by hiring resourceful, proud, and considerate members of our local communities. If you're interested in seeing where you fit in the Evergreen FS family apply now!
The Evergreen FS Internship program was created to give students real-life experience in agriculture along with providing them professional development opportunities. The main focus of the Agronomy Internship position is supporting the sales team through crop scouting.
Gain hands on experience working with a salesperson and up and coming technology to inform farmers on crop growth and development throughout the growing season. We are looking for someone who is excited about helping growers monitor their crops.
What You’ll Get:
- Application of in-field training
- Personalized job shadow opportunities and professional development
- Networking events with other interns and staff members
- Chance to apply in-class skills to real life operations
- Explore all aspects of Evergreen FS (Energy, Grain, Limex, Turf, and Agronomy)
- Present to management on project of your choice
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- High school graduate or equivalent who is planning to attend or currently attending a 2- or 4-year college/university, and is in good academic standing
- No experience required, but an interest or major in agriculture is preferred
- Must be able to walk fields and conduct visual inspections of crops
- Self-managed, goal-oriented worker who has good communication skills with and can manage time wisely
- Ability to work hours beyond those considered normal, including weekends
- Ability to safely operate ATV and power tools after proper trainings
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and the ability to travel independently as needed
- Must pass drug screen, driver’s checks and background check
- Sometimes required to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Frequently exposed to dust, heat, and high noise level
- Can work in extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.).
Evergreen FS, Inc strives to provide a Total Rewards package that delivers exceptional pay for exceptional performance, recognizes your dedication to our mission and helps us attract and retain the highest caliber of talent. The cornerstone of our benefits package is the defined benefit pension plan along with a 401(k) plan, health and disability insurance, and other voluntary group benefit programs.
Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.