Ferrero Candy Company
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
In this role, you will coordinate the Bloomington Plant's chemical and physical monitoring program for finished product, raw materials, and packaging materials. You will work closely with Quality, Production, and Supply Chain to ensure all inbound semi-finished products, in process products, controls, and outbound finished products are compliant with Ferrero's Food Safety and Quality Standard.
- Under the guidance of the Laboratory Supervisor, ensure all chemical- physical methods meet compliance requirements.
- Responsible for Good Laboratory Practices in the Chemical/Physical and Packaging Laboratory, including equipment monitoring and calibration as well as media preparation and biohazard disposal.
- Evaluate, develop, implement, and maintain testing procedures and programs.
- Perform chemical-physical testing in the laboratory and work to develop new assays for in-house testing.
- Interpret, report data and trends, and initiate follow-up actions generated by chemical-physical data internally and externally.
- Troubleshoot all testing/sampling abnormalities to ensure proper results are reported; initiate proper guidelines for corrective/preventative action
- Investigate product holds for chemical-physical reasons and make recommendations for actions based on scientific findings and/or company procedures.
- Perform daily plant inspections and manage the Plant’s raw material, packaging, and finished product testing program.
Who we are looking for:
• B.S. Degree in Chemistry
• Advanced knowledge of chemical-physical lab procedures
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HARPC preferred
• 3 years progressive experience in a Chemical Laboratory Environment
• Food Manufacturing experience highly preferred
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.