Quality Product Specialist - 2nd Shift
Ferrero Candy Company
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
As the Quality Product Specialist, you will ensure the integrity and highest level of quality for all Ferrero products produced in the Bloomington, IL plant. The Quality Product Specialist will be responsible for the inspection of work in process and finished products. As the Quality Product Specialist, you will be on the plant production floor and ensure compliance of quality standards for all products, GMPs and Food Safety.
The hours for this position are 3pm to 11pm.
- Ensure the inspection of the finished product output; guarantee finished products meet quality specifications established by the Quality Department
- Ensure the examination of the quality reports from the day prepared by production personnel (entry of data into system such as SAP-QM or Fenice); ensure the examination of monthly reports; request and verify adjustment as required
- Conduct sensory sessions for semi-finished and finished product
- Support factory food allergen management program and product coding maintenance
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment to detect or assess problems
- Train personnel from the UGPs responsible for quality check of the product (self-control)
- Record goods movements in SAP (e.g. stock for quality controls / blocked stock, etc.)
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced, and maintained
- Internal auditing, recording statistical data and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards
- Execute daily review of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) documentation
- Enforce and promote all company guidelines, policies, and good manufacturing practices
Who we are looking for:
- Associates Degree in related field such as Food Technology, Food Science, Biotechnology, or Food Chemistry; Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness; ability to see details at close range; ability to compare similarities and differences quickly and accurately, ability to identify or detect a pattern; ability to add, sub-tract, multiply or divide quickly and correctly
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in SAP systems preferred
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HAACP strongly preferred
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.