Sports Medicine - Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an additional BE/BC Sports Medicine physician to join Carle McLean County Orthopedics in Bloomington, Illinois.
Practice opportunity details include:
- New grads welcome to apply
- Candidates must be Family Medicine trained and have completed a Sports Medicine fellowship
- Join an established practice with 2 BC Sports Medicine physicians, 5 BC Orthopedic surgeons, 2 BC Interventional Pain Management Physicians, 2 Surgical DPMs, 8 Advanced Practice Providers, 10 Physical Therapists, 3 Occupational Therapists, 5 Certified Athletic Trainers, and a licensed Sports/Behavioral Psychologist
- Our state-of-the-art facility includes onsite imaging (MRI, 3-Digital X-Ray rooms, a Lower Extremity X-Ray unit, 3-Ultrasound units with Dopler, DEXA, and mini-C arm), a procedure room with fluoroscopy, a walk-in sports injury clinic, and a bone health clinic in addition to surgical, pain management, and Therapy Services provided onsite
- Our Sports Training Center is adjacent to the Carle Health & Fitness Center and our Therapy Services team offers a “Return to Play” program to help athletes (and non-athletes) return to their optimal level of performance
- Excellent benefits package: health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with tail insurance coverage
- Teaching and research opportunities available with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
About Carle McLean County Orthopedics:
Originally established in 1977 as McLean County Orthopedics, MCO aligned with the Carle Health in 2021 and currently includes 33 providers in Orthopedics, Interventional Pain Management, Sports Medicine, Physical and Occupational Therapy, and Sports Psychology. Our friendly team of over 140 professionals currently serves patients throughout the Central Illinois region and offers patients a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary team approach to care. Our 50,000 sq. ft. medical clinic is attached to the Carle Health & Fitness Center, a 46,000 sq. ft. facility which includes an indoor track, lap pool, therapy pool, cardio floor, weight training area, and much more. Our commitment to providing exceptional healthcare to our patients has allowed our providers to develop a long-standing reputation for delivering excellent and comprehensive care in Central Illinois.
About Our Community:
Bloomington-Normal is a vibrant, family friendly community that is centrally located to Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis (all within a 2.5 – 3 hour drive). Located in the heart of Illinois, Bloomington-Normal offers excellent schools, affordable housing, and easy access to interstate highways in addition to an abundance of dining, arts, sports, outdoor recreation, and entertainment options of a much larger city. This midsized community is also home to excellent institutions including Illinois State University, Illinois Wesleyan University, and Heartland Community College along with large companies including State Farm and Rivian. Central Illinois Regional Airport is also conveniently located in Bloomington and offers direct flights to major cities including Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Orlando, and Denver. Quality education, friendly neighborhoods, and affordable housing makes Central Illinois an ideal location to work, live, and raise a family.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.