Psychiatric NP - Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an experienced Psychiatric NP to join our expanding Behavioral Health team at Carle BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Illinois.
Practice Details Include:
- Adult only practice
- Carle BroMenn Medical Center is a 200-bed, Magnet-Designated hospital with a 19-bed Psychiatric unit
- Outpatient responsibilities will be done at the Carle BroMenn Outpatient Center
- Join an established practice with a BC Psychiatrist and experienced and dedicated support staff
- Weekly collaboration with Psychiatrist onsite
- Provides comprehensive assessment, plan development, implementation of plan of care, and evaluation of effectiveness of interventions with revisions as necessary
- Performs ordering, conducting, supervising, and interpretations of diagnostic laboratory and imaging studies
- Prescribes medication in accordance with practice agreement with the collaborating physician; prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Monitors medication and initiates appropriate therapies for certain conditions and changes medications according to variations in a patient's response within established protocols
- Educates patients/families about self-management of acute and chronic illness with sensitivity to the patient's learning ability and cultural and ethnic background. Collaborates with health care team in ensuring that patient/family needs are met
- Assist in education of residents, medical students, Nurse Practitioner students, and Physician Assistant students
- Documentation consistent with established policy and procedures to create a permanent patient record
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Nursing required
- 2+ years of experience as NP in acute adult/child inpatient psychiatric unit, background and knowledge of psychiatric and medical-surgical illnesses and treatments required.
- The NP demonstrates an advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge, clinical competence, sound clinical judgment, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and is responsible for professional development and competency validation
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification optional but not required
- Current IL APRN and RN license
- Current IL Controlled Substance License and DEA registration
- Current BLS Certification
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.