Cardiothoracic Surgery 1st Assist - Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking additional CV 1st Assists to join our expanding Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Division within Carle’s Heart and Vascular Institute.
As we look at our future needs across the system, Carle’s HVI leadership is focused on developing clinical programs that provide coordinated, efficient, high-quality care to patients in all Carle locations and across the continuum of care. To meet those goals, we are excited to recruit two experienced Surgeons with an interest in enhancing established programs, a desire to build upon shared physician group practice structure across a healthcare system, and value high-quality, patient-center care.
CV 1st Assists will have an opportunity to practice at two locations, Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois and Carle BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Illinois.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- Practice scope includes adult cardiothoracic surgery - CABG, valve surgery, TAVR
- Opportunity to develop sub-practice based on clinical interests.
- Comprehensive practice that includes surgery, clinic, and hospital rounding, allowing 1st Assist APP to practice full scope.
- Experienced Advanced Practice Providers in Cardiothoracic Surgery is preferred - including surgical first-assisting, Endoscopic Vein Harvest (EVH), and perioperative patient care - but will consider other surgically-trained APPs who want to experience the professional satisfaction of cardiothoracic surgery.
- Excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
About the Carle Heart and Vascular Institute:
- The Carle Heart & Vascular Institute (Carle HVI) is one of the largest integrated cardiovascular institutes in Illinois with structural and functional integration of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Interventional Radiology. The Carle Heart and Vascular Institute is recognized as a national leader in quality of care. Healthgrades recently recognized Carle Foundation Hospital as Top 10% in the nation for cardiac surgery and best in the region for cardiac care and cardiac surgery in addition to a five-star rating for bypass surgery and treatment of heart attacks and heart failure.
- Carle HVI is part of a vertically integrated, regional health system, Carle Health, which includes 5 hospitals, the only provider-owned health plan in the state, over 1000 employed physicians and APPs, numerous regional partnerships and much more.
- In Summer of 2020, Carle BroMenn joined the Carle Health system. In partnership with the Carle Health system, Carle BroMenn continues to expand the Heart and Vascular program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center. With a newly renovated OR open-heart suite and continued expansion and renovation of our cardiac cath lab suites, the Heart and Vascular program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center is positioned for growth.
- The Carle Health Cardiology providers, 40 physicians and 21 Advanced Nurse practitioners and physician assistants, deliver cardiac and vascular services to over 40,000 patients every year throughout Illinois and Indiana.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.