Mobile Health Clinic APP - Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an experienced APP to join our Mobile Health Clinic (MHC) in the Bloomington-Normal, Illinois area. In this challenging and rewarding role, the APP works with a team of physicians, APPs, nurses, medical assistants, social workers, and other supportive team members to address common, urgent and complex care issues.
Position Details Include:
- Works with the MHC team to provide:
-Comprehensive, patient/family-centric care to people of all ages within the community
-Diagnose and treat acute health care problems such as illness, infections, and injuries
-Wellness care, physicals, and immunizations (as well as maintaining the integrity of the VFC program)
-Chronic condition screening and education
-Point of Care lab testing and interpretation including POC
-Screening for social and environmental determinants of health
-Linkages to primary care and other community resources
-Community outreach activities
-Collaborative relationships with community partners
-Knowledgeable in child and adult immunization schedule
-Knowledgeable in basic Women's Health
- Flexible schedule to support community events and need; schedule will be M-F / 9:00a-5:00pm, one weekend per month and occasional evening shifts in underserved neighborhoods/regions. In the event the MHC is not in operation (i.e. such as inclement weather), work may be reassigned to support a Carle convenient care location.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding and respect for the community and people the team serves.
- Master's degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant
- Two years of clinical practice is preferred
- Must be willing to obtain CDL
Experience/Additional Skills Required:
Experience providing care/support to all age groups and underserved populations; public speaking skills
Current Illinois registered nurse license and advanced practice nurse/physician assistant licensure
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.