Assistant Medical Director of Cardiology, Carle BroMenn Medical Center - Central Illinois
To help advance our strategic goals and clinical quality for Cardiology services at Carle BroMenn Medical Center, we are excited to announce the recruitment of a physician leadership position – Assistant Medical Director, HVI. This position will focus on the delivery of quality, cost effective care in the most appropriate setting and play a crucial role in utilization and value-based culture change to ensure positive patient and professional staff member experiences.
The AMD for HVI will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer for Carle BroMenn and Eureka and is dyad partners with the Vice President of Ambulatory Operations for Carle BroMenn and Eureka. This leader will also have direct oversite responsibilities of the Noninvasive and Invasive Cardiologist team.
Summary of key duties and responsibilities include:
- Promote and support organizational and collaborative initiatives designed to improve quality of care and increase efficiency and effectiveness of clinical operations.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Carle Experience through instilling the must-have’s and Behavior Standards within all areas of responsibility.
- Reinforce the implementation of departmental goals and objectives in alignment with the Carle Health Values and Behaviors.
- Collaborate with Medical Director, Associate Medical Director, and Operational/Administrative Dyad to ensure the prompt resolution of any physician/staff conflicts that arise and appropriately document the outcome.
- Articulates and role models effective care team collaboration, including, but not limited to, the collaboration with advanced practice providers. Champions delegation and top-of-scope performance with the care teams.
- Participate in the recruitment of new professional staff and APP team members as well as onboarding and offboarding process.
- Partner with leadership team to implement initiatives to improve and sustain provider engagement.
- Doctor of Medicine from an accredited school of medicine; board certification in primary area of clinical practice.
- Maintains clinical privileges at Carle BroMenn Medical Center and/or other health care institutions as appropriate.
- Exceptional communication skills with a presence that encourages consensus building, collaboration and cooperation.
- Ability to translate knowledge, innovation, policy and quality/safety data into actions to improve patient outcomes.
- Proven ability to develop trusting and collaborative relationships with peers, staff, and key stakeholders.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- Join an established team of 4 General Cardiologists, 3 Interventional Cardiologists, 1 Electrophysiologist, 1 CV Surgeon and 3 dedicated Advanced Practice Providers
- Single hospital with strong Hospitalist and Intensivist programs
- Carle HVI is part of a vertically integrated, regional health system, Carle Health, which includes 5 hospitals, the only provider-owned health plan in the state, over 1000 employed physicians and APPs, numerous regional partnerships and much more.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.