Non-Invasive Cardiology - Central Illinois
Carle Health is seeking an additional BE/BC Cardiologist to join our growing Heart and Vascular Program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center in Normal, Illinois.
Position Details Include:
- Join an established team of 4 General Cardiologists, 3 Interventional Cardiologists, 1 Electrophysiologist, 1 CV surgeon, and 4 dedicated Advanced Practice Providers
- Training in Advanced Imaging will be given special consideration, but is not required.
- Rotating clinic coverage Mon-Fri
- Call is ~1 weekend/month with potential of 2 weekends depending on coverage needs
- Cover hospitalist service with support from our established Hospitalist program
- Modern, state-of-the-art facility; Carle BroMenn Medical Center is a Magnet-Designated 200-bed hospital with a Level II Trauma Center, Level II NICU, and is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Primary Stroke Center by DNV
- Must be able to do some Invasive work (TEE’s)
- Excellent benefit package: health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered.
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
- Carle Health is a not-for-profit organization with public service loan forgiveness eligibility
In Summer of 2020, Carle BroMenn joined the Carle Health system. Carle is a vertically integrated health system and provides high quality, comprehensive care to patients in the Central and Southern Illinois area. The Carle Heart and Vascular Institute is recognized as a national leader in quality of care. Healthgrades recently recognized Carle Foundation Hospital as Top 10% in the nation for cardiac surgery and best in the region for cardiac care and cardiac surgery in addition to a five-star rating for bypass surgery and treatment of heart attacks and heart failure.
In partnership with the Carle Health system, Carle BroMenn continues to expand the Heart and Vascular program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center. With a newly renovated OR open-heart suite and continued expansion and renovation of our cardiac cath lab suites, the Heart and Vascular program at Carle BroMenn Medical Center is positioned for growth.
Bloomington-Normal is a vibrant, family-friendly community centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. With excellent schools, affordable housing options, and ease of transportation, Bloomington-Normal offers an abundance of dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options of a much larger city as well as access to outdoor activities such as golf, walking trails, and parks. This midsize community is home to Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University and includes Central Illinois Regional Airport, a modern airport with direct flights to major cities including Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Orlando, and Denver.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work®, Carle Health is a vertically integrated system based in Urbana, IL, with nearly 16,500 team members and over 1,300 physicians and APPs in its eight hospitals, physician groups and health businesses. Carle Foundation Hospital, Carle BroMenn Medical Center, Carle Health Methodist Hospital and Carle Health Proctor Hospital hold Magnet® designations- the nation’s highest nursing honor. Carle Foundation Hospital also ranks as one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals™ by Healthgrades®. The system includes Methodist College and Carle Illinois College of Medicine, the world’s first engineering-based medical school, as well as Health Alliance™ and FirstCarolinaCare health insurance plans. Carle Health is dedicated to being a trusted healthcare partner for the communities it serves.